Section I – School Program Awareness
1. Our school provides opportunities for parents to be actively involved (i.e. PTA, mentoring, volunteering, chaperoning, sponsoring)
2. Parents are kept informed about school guidelines, policies, and programs.
3. Parents have input in decisions affecting our school.
4. Parents are kept informed about the school’s instructional/academic programs and activities.
5. Teachers regularly communicate with parents about the child’s progress (phone calls, newsletters, papers sent home, conferences, progress reports, report cards, email).
6. The report card system adequately communicates my child’s academic progress.
7. It is easy to talk with or meet with teachers and administrators.
8. Parents are satisfied with our school.
1. Students see the connection between what they are studying and their everyday lives.
2. In our school, students use a variety of resources to help them succeed in their learning (computers, media center resources, volunteers, special programs, guest speakers).
3. The structure of the school day provides adequate time for academic instruction.
4. Our school is doing a good job in preparing students to continue their education at a higher level (high school, technical college, college/university, or workforce).
5. Students are given a sufficient amount of homework to allow them to succeed in their studies.
6. Our school facilities (workplace, furnishings) are adequate to support the instructional program.
7. Students with special learning needs are receiving the instruction they need/require: a. learning or physically disabled; b. gifted and talented.
8. The educational program at this school is of high quality.
1. Teachers and other staff members have high expectations for student learning.
2. Other school staff members help motivate students to do their best work.
3. School staff members involve community services (DARE, health fairs, mental health, law enforcement, dental health) to help meet students’ needs.
4. I am satisfied with the way students are treated by teachers and teacher assistants.
5. I am satisfied with the way students are treated by the principal, assistant principal, and counselor.
6. The school’s programs meet the requirements of student needs: a. learning physically disabled; b. gifted and talented.
7. I am satisfied with the help students get from personnel involving academic and personal problems.
8. Transportation services to and from school meet the needs of students.
1. Our school provides a clean and pleasant environment for learning.
2. Our school provides a safe and orderly environment for learning.
3. Rules are consistently and fairly enforced.
4. The school’s grading policies and practices are administered fairly.
5. Students and staff at our school demonstrate sensitivity to racial, ethnic, and religious issues.
6. The issues of drugs and alcohol are addressed at our school.
7. The issues of physical, verbal, and sexual harassment are addressed at our school.
8. The staff provides a helpful, welcoming atmosphere for parents and volunteers.